Welcome to Logan Utah real estate! You can view listings available below or feel free to use our custom home search on the right side of this page to narrow your options.
2013 Logan Real Estate Statistics
- Total homes sold in 2013: 409 / 2012: 363
- Increase of home sales in 2013 vs. 2012 = 11.3%
- Average price of homes sold 2013: $153,134 / 2012: $144,823
- Increase in average price of homes sold in 2013 vs. 2012 = 7%
- Average days on market for homes sold 2013: 104 / 2012: 120
As we can see, 2013 was a good year for the Logan real estate market. Home prices were up an average of 7% and home sales increased by 11.3% from 2012. The time to sell your home went from 120 days on average to 104 days on average, which is a good sign for the sellers market.
About Logan Utah
Logan is situated in northern Utah in the foothills of the Bear River Mountain Range, not far from the state borders of Idaho and Wyoming, and about 80 miles north of the capital city of Salt Lake City. Once recognized as a Mormon community, Logan has experienced significant growth over the past several decades and is currently prospering, with more than 125,000 people in the major metropolitan region, according to the 2010 census.
Come to Logan and see all that it has to offer! Explore exciting hiking, camping and rock climbing opportunities in Logan Canyon, which is home to Bear Lake and locally considered to be quite a gem, referred to as the “Rocky Mountain Caribbean.” Because there is more water in this region than most of the dry desert lands of the Western Rockies, this region is thought of as Utah’s Greenland.
Things To Do In Logan
There are many local attractions to enjoy, including cultural events offered by Utah State University, one of the best farmers’ markets in the country, beautiful natural areas and amazing landmarks! With a strong economy and plentiful jobs available in various sectors including education, health care, manufacturing, retail and other industries, Logan is an attractive place to settle.
Because Utah State University draws a large number of residents to the region and employs over 28,000 people, a diverse population has been drawn to the region, many of whom opt to stay after falling in love with the city. After being awarded honors including being ranked among the “Best Places to Retire Young,” “Best Small Places for Business and Careers,” and “Most Walkable Community,” the population continues to grow.
Crime rates in Utah are generally lower than the national averages, yet Logan is even statistically far lower than the state average for both property crimes and violent crimes, making this a very safe place to live, work and raise a family. Local schools at all levels get high ratings from both parents and state agencies alike.
Logan Real Estate Options
As with many regions in the country, the real estate market in Logan is currently considered to be a buyer’s market, with home prices being affordable and number of listings to choose from being moderately low. There are a variety of types of homes available, from single family homes to condos and townhomes. The average listing price of homes in Logan during 2013 was approximately $175,000, and this is showing a steady increase each month as we recover from the 2008 crash.
Numerous homes at even more affordable prices are currently listed for sale, as well. Many different and diverse neighborhoods make up the city of Logan and the surrounding areas, welcoming new residents as well as providing life-long inhabitants with a comfortable way of life.
There are also quite a few homes that are in pre-foreclosure or foreclosure, and these may offer outstanding value to the new home buyer or even to an investor. Whatever your real estate needs may be, Logan is a great place to start your search for the perfect place to live!
Related Searches For Logan
- New Logan Listings – View homes listed within the last 7 days.
- Logan Foreclosures – View current foreclosure listings including HUD and REO homes.
- Logan Short Sales – View currently listed and offer pending short sale homes.
- Logan Townhomes & Condos – View townhomes, townhouses, and condos for sale.
- Logan Land & Building Lots – View land and building lots for sale.
- Logan Commercial Listings – View commercial listings including retail and land.
- Logan Investment Properties – View investment & multi-family listings.
- Logan Buyers – Search homes and get to know our agents.
- Logan Sellers – Learn how we can help sell your Logan home.